We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Vegan CRU.
CRU’s Liquid Laundry Soap
CRU’s Liquid Laundry Soap was designed for those of us who have “those” washing machines that won’t fully dissolve powder soaps. This non-toxic soap is perfect for any home’s laundry needs.Print Pin Rate
- 1 1/3 cups Arm-n-Hammer Washing Soda
- 6 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap liquid
- 10 cups Water boiled then divided
- 10-20 drops Your Favorite Essential Oil
- Bring 10 cups of water to a boil. Divide 5 cups into another container.
- Stir in the washing soda. Then, gradually add the baking soda to the washing soda and water (1-2 tbsp at a time). Making sure that you keep stirring and that everything is dissolving.
- The baking soda is going to act as a thickening agent. Keep whisking until all the baking soda is incorporated & dissolved.
- Pour in the remaining 5 cups of boiling water. Now, add in the liquid castile soap. Stir well and allow to cool completely to room temp.
- When it’s cooled, add in your favorite essential oils. You will find that the mixture is kind of like jello…you could whisk it, or just give the container a shake before each use, if you like.
CRU’s Liquid Laundry Soap was born due to the fact that I have a brand new washing machine…that won’t dissolve the powder detergent in ANY temperature. AHHHH! You can read more about that here.