We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Vegan CRU.
Vegan ChicoryRoot Latte
Coffee: Friend or Foe
If you read the blog post, you already know how I feel about coffee. Sharing that information may have lost me some friends hahaha
I’d rather be honest than tell you what you want to hear. Yeah, I am that annoying friend LOL!
But this recipe for a chicory root latte will fill the void with amazing yumminess and help you kick your coffee to the curb.
CRU's Chicory Root Latte
- Boil some filtered water and also put your plant milk on the stove to cook on medium-high heat.
- Get your French press out and add the chicory root to it.
- Next, get your "coffee" mug prepped with sweetener, if you're using it.
- Add the boiling water to the French press and allow it to steep for 3 minutes.
- Take your plant milk off the stove. It should have boiled but not for long.
- Pour the chicory root into the mug first and stir the sweetener up well.
- Take a frother and froth the plant milk while still in the pan. Get it good and bubbly. This plant milk is great at frothing.
- Gently pour the frothed milk on top of the chicory root and garnish with the spices.